Evolution has now been updated to version 1.23!
What’s new in Angry Birds Evolution 1.23?
Let’s just say: This patch will be head-crushing for you! Lucha Libre, a pig-favorite wrestler, will be in town to beat down his opponents and earn some cash. If you’re feeling you can take on a heavier challenge than him, you’re welcome to try out the “Nightmare” stages on the Event Island. Like every nightmare they’re awfully difficult to survive, but if you do, you’ll get a very special “Master” bird. This will make you happy, but not as happy as when you also read about the new hatching system you’ve always wanted! Get yourself some juice and read on...
- Lucha-Pecka-Libre Event: The ultimate wrestler is in town and bets have already been placed! Time to get those golden belts or go home!
- Lucha Libre: After years of fighting roosters in garages for an ounce of grain, this white feathered fellow became a suburban legend amongst wrestling fans all over the world. His fat belly is capable of incredible beams that’s known to hit his opponents left and right, front and back.
- Event Island: Nightmare Mode and New Reward:
- Event Island is now a flockin’ 80 stages!
- The last 20 stages are extra difficult to survive, so we called them the “Nightmare Mode”.
- Completing the last stage a.k.a. surviving the Nightmare will reward you with new 5-Star “Master Birds” during events.
- On top of that, completed stages can be completed multiple times in the new Quick Battle mode. Grind on!
- Master Birds:
- They are officially the strongest birds in the game from now on. Think of the best birds you saw and imagine them being much, much stronger!
- You can get the Master versions of existing birds in the Event Island and perhaps in some very premium eggs.
- Hatchery Rule Changes:
- Here is something a lot of you have requested for a reeeally long time! And we finally made it come true: No more hatching the same bird over and over again!
- When you start an event, you’ll only be able to get the 1st bird as the reward. 2nd and 3rd bird will be locked.
- As soon as you hatch the 1st bird, we remove it from the eggs (for now) and the 2nd bird is unlocked for you to work on! When you also get the 2nd bird, the first two will move out of your way, the 3rd is unlocked and you can only win the 3rd bird.
- This way, as you go, you won’t get multiple of the same event bird over and over again, but instead work your way up the Hatchery!
- If you can manage to hatch all 3 birds, all birds in the Event will be available for you to hatch with an equal chance.
- More in Major Pecker’s “Upped” Daily Challenges:
- We added 5 new stages for Skill and Level Up Challenges!
- Some challenges can only be played with certain bird types, so you better have a diverse flock at all times!
- We’ll catch that grenade for ya: No more losing a grenade when you lose a challenge. You can now try again with a better team or play the last challenge you won.
Fixes and more fixes
Living on an island is all nice and chill, but it also means lots of bugs you need to smash! Here’s some species of bugs we killed with a deodorant this time:
- Here are some bugs we found in the Daily Challenge screen:
- The collected Gem and Gold rewards will now be updated immediately in the Daily Challenge screen.
- Currencies were also not immediately updated upon claiming rewards . Now they will be!
- Leaderboards now show the correct value of scored points.
- Points will now be updated correctly after the Quick Battles.
- Exclamation mark on the Daily Challenge (at the world map view) got stuck, even when you did finish the challenges. Apparently some bugs had nested there. Sprayed away!
- Grandfather Frost’s Supershot needed some calibration, due to the hot days he had to endure... Now the multiple mirrors hitting the same pig only increase that pig’s attack counter by one turn each time. Not as many times as the mirrors hit it..
- Totems which were displayed incorrectly in Event Island, PvP and various places have been fixed to look properly as they are.